Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A letter to my Daughter

Dear Mackenzie,

We got to see you again today at your 24 week sonogram. You are already getting so big, 1lb 9oz! I can't believe that we are well over half way through this whole journey. It just seems like yesterday that mom surprised me with breakfast in bed and a card that told me that you were on your way.

Although you gave us a little bit of a scare, God has continued to bless our entire family and you are absolutely perfect. I can not believe that I am already this attached to you, in love with you, and protective. I should apologize now, because I will be the incredibly worried, protective father from now until...well you better just get used to it. The only person you probably have to worry about more than me is your mom, because she is probably even more protective than me.

I can not wait to meet you and see all of the wonderful things that God is going to do through you. The next four months are probably going to fly by, and creep along at the same time. I pray for you daily, that God will be in your heart from the day that you are born, and bring a giving spirit to you. More to come later. I love you more than words can say.

Love,

Dad

1 comment:

  1. I go to church with Donna and just happened to click on your blog...what a beautiful letter to your sweet little Mackenzie! She will cherish this later in life. Praying that God will continue to bless you guys! Merry Chirstmas!

    ReplyDelete